I guess its because i did not like vegetables 6 months back :-) ..
This new recipe worked out like a charm ...
To be roasted and ground to a powder
Bayleaf - a small piece
Elaichi - 2
Cloves - 5
Cinnamon - 2 inch stick
Aniseed - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Ajwain - 1/3 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Corriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry roast the above for less than a minute and grind to a powder.
Aamchoor - 1/4 tsp
Mace - a pinch
Ginger - 1cm * 1cm piece
Garlic - 2 cloves
Onion - a small one chopped roughly
Tomato - a small one , chopped
Cashew - 5 - 10
Shredded Coconut - 2 tbs
Green Chilly - 7
Add the above ingredients to the powder and grind to a smooth paste.
Onion - a small one chopped finely
Bay leaf - 1
Corriander pwdr - 1/2 tsp
Curry leves - 5
Coriander leaves - few springs chopped finely
potatoes - 2 small , boiled , cubed , refrigerated for 10 minutes
carrots , peas , beans , lauki , cauli flwr - half boiled.
1) Heat oil , Add bayleaf . Saute onions.
2) Add curry leaves and corriande leaves , corriander pwdr.
3) Add masala paste. Cook covered till there is no raw smell.
4) Add a 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to boil.
5) Add vegetables and cook covered on low heat for 10 minutes.