made of mustard greens. Sounds good doesnt it ..
B4 going to the recipe lets read some facts about Mustard greens.Summarized from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=93
Are packed with nutrients. They are a good source of vitamins , minerals and dietary fiber.
Are rich in antioxidants Vitamin E.
Promote the health of Lungs.
Delays the loss of mental power.
Supports womens health with its calcium content.
Produce Sulforaphane when chewed, this causes the liver to produce enzymes thatdetoxify cancer causing chemicals and cause colon cancer cells to commit suicide.
Chopped Mustard Greens - 1 cup
Onion - use 1/2 of a small onion , rouchly sliced
Green chilly - 4 ( whole)
Sugar - a pinch
Oil - 2 tsp
Heat oil , fry the green chillies , add the mustard greens and onions.
Saute till there is no raw smell. The leaves should retain their color , it should not
Grind to a paste with 1 tbs water.
Mutton Gravy :
Mutton - 200 gms
Chana dal - 1/2 cup
Bay leaf - 1
Cardamom - 4
cloves - 5
Cnnamon - 1 inch stick
Onion - big sliced thinly
Tomato - 5 tsp puree
Corriander leaves - 2 tbs chopped
Mint leaves - 5
Corriander pwdr - 1 tsp
Yogurt - 4 tsp ( Mix mutton with yogurt and set aside )
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Green chilly - 4 , Sonf - 1/2 tsp and Jeera - 1 tsp ground together coarsely
I used mutton that needs 15 whistles to get cooked..
1) Heat oil , add bay leaf , cardamom , cloves and cinnamon
2) Add onions and cook in low heat till light brown.
3) Add the green chilly mixture and ginger garlic paste
4) Add Corriander leaves , mint , tomato , salt , corriander pwders
5) Raise to high heat and add mutton yogurt mix.
6) Keep stirring till all water evaporates.
7) Add 2 cups water and pressure cook mutton.
8) Cool , remove and add green paste , chana dal , water if required
If you are not confident about the green paste , u can saute it in oil for few seconds
9) Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
10) Garnish with corriander leaves