Thursday, April 12, 2007
I came across the recipe for Egg roast in one of the blogs .. I've forgotten which one :-(
Extrapolated that and came up with this one
Potato - 1 large or/and Eggs - 2
Onion - 1 big thinly sliced and cut to 1 ''
Tomato - 1 big ( 5 tsp if using puree )
Curry Leaves - 1 spring
Chilly pwdr - 1/2 tsp
Corriander pwdr - 3/4 tsp
Pepper pwdr - 3/4 tsp ( I used aachi pepper pwdr from india )
Garlic - 1 clove sliced to 3 pieces
Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tspSonf - 1/2 tsp
Prepare potatoes , eggs as follows
1) Boil egg , cut lengthwise. Add a pinch of chilly pwdr , turmeric pwdr , salt and shallow fry
in little oil till it browns.
2) Boild potatoes , peel , cut to cubes , refrigerate for 15 minutes ( makes sure that the potato does not lose its shape ) , add a pinch of chilly pwdr , turmeric and salt.
Shallow fry in little oil till it browns evenly.
1) Heat oil , add curry leaves , saute onions.
2) Add all the powders except pepper pwdr , salt , add tomatoes.
3) Fry till the mixture becomes dark brown. This gives the dish all the taste.
Do not miss on this.
4) Add pepper, sonf.Fry for few seconds. Add 1 cup water.
5) Cook on high for 5 minutes.
6) Add garlic and prepared eggs oo/and potatoes.
7) Simmer for 2 minutes.