Thursday, February 01, 2007
Ever since i saw the pic of this bright red curry on a site , i've been craving for this..
I love redd ... I find it so damn appetizing ...
I instantly fell for this dish ....
Unfortunately stuff like these do not show up often in a muslim home :-( ..
Shallots - 10 thinly sliced
shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
red chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
corriander pwdr - 2 tsp
cumine pwdr - 1/2 tsp
whole pepper - 1/2 tsp
turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
hing - a pinch
fenugreek pwdr - a pinch
fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
garlic - 2 pods minced finely
tamarind pulp - lemon sized ball
mustard seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - a spring
dry red chillies - 2
1) Roast Coconut , fennel seeds , pepper and garlic till coconut becomes dark brown ..
This is the key part , it shud be brownn .. Be careful not to burn it
2) Add all pwdrs other than fenugreek pwdr. Roast at low heat till there is no raw smell.
3) Grind to a smooth paste with a little water.
4) In a pan heat oil , splutter mustard seeds , Add curry leaves , red chillies.
5) Add onions and hing.
6) When onions are cooked add salt and fenugreek pwdr.
7) Add tamarind water and allow to boil
8) Add the coconut paste, sugar
9 ) Simmer for 10 minutes.