Tuesday, February 06, 2007
French style beans with spinach and mustard greens
I am a non vegetarian by all means.
Only Potato , cabbage , paneer and peas were qualified entry in my dishes.
If only i knew french beans is so tastly .. sigh
If a pure non veggies like me falls for it , i guess anyone will..
This is how i made it ..
French cut beans - 1 cup
Spinach - 1/4 cup
Mustard greens - 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
dried red chilly - 1
curry leaves - few
chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
corriander powder - 1/4 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
corn flour - 1 tbs
garam masala - 1/4 tsp
hing - 2 pinch
1) Heat oil in a. pan , splutter mustard , urad dal
2) Fry red chilly. Add curry leaves , spinach , mustard greens and hing.
3) Mix beans with turmeric, salt and red chilly powder.
4) Put the mixture on the pan.
5) Add conflour and fry well.
6) Sprinkle corriander powder.
7) Cook covered for 4 minutes on low. If u want it more crispy leave it for some more time.
8) Sprinkle garam masala.
9) Remove from fire after a minute.