Thursday, February 08, 2007
I had a pound of ground chicken that had to be finished.
Whats the best u can do with ground chicken .. Koftass!!
Try this out and u will never regret it ...
Ground Chicken - 1/2 lb
Roasted Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
dalia - 10
chilly pwdr - 1/2 tsp
corriander pwdr - 1/4 tsp
garam masala - a pinch
ajwain (optional) - 1/4 tsp roasted
salt as required.
oil - 1tsp
1) Mix all the ingredients and grind it till coarse.
2) Make balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Bay leaf - 1
Clove , elaichi - 1 each
cinnamon - a small stick
jeera or kala jeera - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 big
Tomato puree - 2 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
cashew - 20 halves
corriander powder - 2 1/2 tsp
chilly powder - 1 tsp
garam masala - 1/4 tsp
pomegranate - 1/4
ghee - 1 tsp
sugar - 1 tsp
milk - 1 1/2 cups. You can add evaporated milk if u want a richer gravy
oil , salt as reqd
1) Soak cashew in warm water for 15 minutes. Grind it to a paste with little water.
2) Chop onions roughly , Cook it in water for 10 minutes. let cool and grind to smooth paste with a tsp of sugar.
3) Grind pomo fruit , filter and take out the juice.Add some sugar.
1) Heat ghee and oil. Put in bayleaf , elaichi , cinnamon , clove , jeera in this order.
2) Add boiled onion paste and saute till it is light brown.
3) Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till there is no raw smell.
4) Stir in the chilly and corriander powder. Fry till there is no raw smell.
5) Stir in tomato , saute for few minutes.Add salt.
6) Pour cashew paste and cook on high for 5 minutes.
7) Add milk and bring to boil.
8) Drop in the koftas. Cook covered for 12 minutes or till cooked.
9) Add garam masala and pomo juice.
10) Simmer for 3 minutes.
11) Garnish with corriander.