Sunday, January 28, 2007
My hubby cooked this for me coz i pulled a
"I-am-tired" cry baby show...
Did work well.. Wud have tried this more often had i known
beef - 10 small cubes
onions - 1 small , chopped into big pieces
coconut milk - 1/2 cup
turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp
cinnamon - 2 inch piece powdered
whole black pepper - 10 powdered
ajwain - 1/2 tsp powdered
chilli pwdr - 1/4 tsp
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
vinegar - 1 tsp
lemon grass - 2 leaves. ( I used lemon rind)
sugar - 1/2 tsp
1) Mix beef with vinegar , set aside for 10 minutes.
Pressure cook beef cubes with ginger garlic paste till nearly cooked. ( I did for 12 whistles )
Drain the beef. Reserve a litle amount of stock.
2) In another pan heat seasame oil. Saute ginger and garlic.
3) Add all the powders and stir. When the spices are sizzling , add onions , lemon grass and the beef pieces. Fry till meat is browned.
4) Add little amount of stock and cook till all the water evaporates.
5) The meat should be done by now. Add coconut milk , salt and sugar. Cook and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Now raise heat and cook rapidly till thickened.