This is my Mom's recipe , and it did turn out like how she makes inspite of me skipping the adding coconut part.... I envy Mallus coz they are inert to coconut .. I have to think of cholestrol , calorific value , Blood Pressure and blah blah b4 adding coconut ..... I guess they add some other ingredients to balance out the effect of coconut ...
Chicken - 1 lb
Onion - 2 big , chopped finely
Tomato - 1 , chopped finely , 5 tsp is using puree
Ginger Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 springs
Sonf - 1 tsp
Corriander pdwr - 3 tsp
Bay Leaf - 1 big leaf
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick ( does this ever change :-))
Roast and grind the following with a tsp of water to a coarse paste
Jeera - 3/4 tsp
Whole Black Pepper - 2 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly - 4
Poppy Seeds - 1 tsp
Shredded Coconut - a handful ( I skipped this )
Dont put too much jeera , u will end up with rasam!!
1) Mix Chicken with turmeric powder , some chopped curry leaves and set aside.
Heat oil , add bayleaf , cinnamon , cloves and sonf
2) Add onions , when they turn brown increase heat add ginger garlic paste ,
when there is no raw smell , add the ground paste.
3) Add tomato , corriander pwdr and salt.
4) Fry for a minute. Add chicken , 2 cups water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
5) Remove lid and cook on high for 15 minutes or till gravy is thick.
6) Garnish with curry leaves and corriander leaves
Crab And Egg Fry
Oil - 3 tsp